Wednesday, October 22, 2008

alllohaaa

Sooooo days 1 and 2 of JM went pretty well...I sure am sore!  Also, I get super confused on hamstring curl vs leg extensions, so on day 1 i kinda did hamstring curls wrong...One girl looked at me kinda weird...Oh well!  I got my week pass, so I am all set!

On day 1 (yesterday), I got a little too excited and worked out way too hard...I got super duper nauseous and had a major headache...considering I had been low carbin it, and had only eaten about 600 cals before my workout at 4 PM, i probably got myself in super deep ketosis.  So finally at 8:30 PM, 8 and a half hours since I'd eaten anything, I had a piece of my mom's homemade chocolate chip low carb cheesecake (sugar free chocolate chips from walmart).  Bad idea.  I just simply, aboltely, can NOT have anything sweet.

This morning I did a less intense workout, but still had a slight headache and a bit of nausea through out the day...And I ended up eating more of that cheesecake plus assorted other low carb junk.  Bad, I know, but I used to (when I got into crazy eat mode) go after real crap...When I'd come home from college, my sister ALWAYS had a box of REGULAR chocolate chip cookies....so I'd eat those....and my parents used to buy tortilla chips...so I'd eat those....and even cashews...and crackers....and bread, yes BREAD.  so maybe a couple atkins bars are not the end of the world....But this is still not acceptable for induction, and is certainly not any way to lose weight.

So I have learned two lessons:
1.  STAY AWAY FROM SWEETNESS FOR THE ENTIRE 14 DAYS.  This means no gum, no Davinci's in my coffee, no splenda, no cheesecakes, and certainly no "tastes" or "bites".  After the initial 2 weeks, although I plan on remaining on induction until i lose my 10%, i can incorporate those things...In moderation

2.  NO SUPER PSYCHO MARATHON EXERCISE SESSIONS.  I will keep it to an hour or so...Jillian's circuit plus 30 min cardio (and 5 min warm up).  Yesterday I did circuit AND one hour INTENSE cardio....badbadbad.


SO back to square one in terms of diet tomorrow....


No comments: